Monday, August 07, 2006

Got Sunblock?

So there I was bored off my ass Saturday morning when Mom calls and asks if I want to go to a wine festival. I said sure, when and where? She tells me to float on down to the house and we'll go from there. Great time, plenty of good wine - yes, it's not beer but I gotta get some culture in somewhere. Spend 4 or so hours drinking wine in the hot sun. Yes, I got sunburned but not that bad. You'd think I'd wear sunblock, but noooooo SPF 4 in Virginia should be more than enough.

Sunday, I went hashing. A nice 5 miler through the wilds of Harper's Ferry in West Virginia. We ran a trail with great views, f*cked up checks and I ended up snaring the hare while searching for trail off a check. We regrouped after pantsing the bastard and continued on the rest of trail. Somewhere down along the Potomac, all the hash marks just stopped. I scouted down a bit further and when I came back to last mark, the hare had showed up with beer and tubes! After a refreshing beer check, we hit the water and started floating down the Potomac, drinking beer, just like back in Texas. We had one blowout and some pretty hard rocks but all in all a great time.

At the bar, once out of the sun, everyone started turning a bright shade of red. I do not know how bad everyone else got fried, but I look like a freakin' lobster. Several beers, 1 cold shower and 1/2 a bottle of Solarcaine later, I could move but was a hutin' scooter. Today at work the A/C died, my boss has been laughing his ass off at me, making lobster-boy comments and saying that I sure am red. I'm officially hiding from the sun until this weekend, when, of course; it's time to wander down to the southern shores of Maryland for lots of drinks, good friends (in from Texas), and probably more sunburn. If I can get the pix from Roll-On, I'll post'em here.

2 Comments:

At 11:35, Blogger dayoldfish said...

Tubin at the end of a hash ... HELL YEAH

 
At 21:54, Blogger The guy you never see said...

Yeah, that is gonna be hard to beat. Planning a Camp David hash to keep the jarheads alert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home